The next article related to player advantages is about dice control tips. The main concepts given here should help out precision dice throwers and better control of the dice while playing craps. Check out the article for all the tips and the more detailed explanations behind them.
One major tip is to find a table with a smaller crowd. The reason is that players will be less distracted and the shooter will be able to handle the dice more often. Although, you do not want to be the only person playing at a table because then all 4 dealers will have their attention exclusively on yourself! If this is the case, bring a few of your friends with. It is also good advice to network with other players and see if you can find other precision shooters at the table. That way you can make more money when you do not have control of the dice, of course only if the shooter is actually skilled enough.
A few things to look for is softer padding under the felt on the craps table. This is actually better than a harder surface because the dice will not bounce or make erratic movements as much. Also, the softer felt will “grab” onto the dice more often. The key is to get the dice moving as little as possible to prevent any time for random movements. One way to tell if the padding is good or not is to throw the dice and hear if it makes a cracking noise. If it does, then this isn’t good and it indicates that the table may be too hard. You should not be able to hear hardly anything if the padding is soft, which is ideal.
The age of the felt matters as well. Older felt tends to work the best with the dice. If there is new felt, it may be best to wait a month or so it gets “warmed up” more. In contrast, newer dice are actually better because they have nice crisp and solid faces and the edges are straight an unbroken. You do not want worn out dice with broken corners.
A few other quick tips is to play on a shorter table which doesn’t require as much energy to throw the dice (less problems that can go wrong) and always use the backspin to counteract the pyramid bumps on the end of the table, which are designed to produce more randomness. Read the details in the story to learn about the rest of the tips and for more detailed information.
- March 13, 2010 Advantage tips for choosing the proper dice set I wrote up a few more good articles about dice control these past few days and will be posting about them shortly. One article is about choosing the best dice set. This is actually an […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 15, 2010 A good practice guide for learning dice control methods One of the next articles I wrote about was how to practice dice control. Many of the concepts in the article were designed for players who have never attempted precision shooting. The […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 19, 2010 Using stance and standing positions with precision dice shooting The next article I wrote about dice control has to do with posture, stance and standing positions. This is sort of important but not the entire story. Basically the whole idea is to make […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 21, 2010 Precision shooting strategy and craps money management My latest guide for precision shooting is about dice control strategy and bet management. Using good money management works well in any type of casino game, but it is especially important […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 17, 2010 Is it possible to play craps for a living? Playing craps or any casino game for that matter is a dream for many. It is better, more fun and more luxurious than working at an office or doing a desk job in a cubicle. Many people […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 12, 2010 Won over $500 playing craps at the casino! I hit up the casino again last night and one big at craps. Basically I did my normal don’t pass line bet with don’t pass odds for awhile winning even odds but then I decided to […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 14, 2010 High Stakes Craps for High Rollers and VIP Players I realize that there are a number of players out there looking for an adrenaline rush from some high stakes gambling. Of course Las Vegas has some ultra high limit craps tables as well as […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 29, 2017 Casino Entertains Hoover Dam Workers 1931 Twenty-six miles southeast of Las Vegas, the United States government, in 1931, developed Boulder City as the place to house men working on the Hoover Dam (originally Boulder Dam). […] Posted in Online Casino News
- January 29, 2014 “Place Betting….The Other Way to Play Craps” By Ray Walkoczy Among all the many different ways to play Craps, "place betting" is undoubtedly the most popular. The Place Bettor is wagering that the numbers "placed" will be […] Posted in Online Casino News
- July 1, 2011 Beginner tips for playing craps Craps is one of the most dynamic and alert casino game. The craps table is always full of action and there are always some players feeling lucky enough to place all kinds of bets […] Posted in Online Casino News
- June 28, 2017 Blaming It On The Dice 1946-1947 On the third Tuesday of April 1946, after work at the Southern Pacific Shop in Sparks, Nevada, Sam Lemel took the bus to Reno and went to Harolds Club where he played craps. He […] Posted in Online Casino News
- July 25, 2011 Martingale strategy for craps There are many gambling strategies available for the ones willing to try them out. Some of them are general betting systems that can be used for more than one casino game. This also […] Posted in Online Casino News