Gambling in the US state of Hawaii – land based or online – is not presently legal. That being said, the state’s senator, Will Espero, is hoping to change this and has recently filed an online gambling bill that seeks to legalize online poker in the 50th and most recent state to have joined the USA.
The Hawaii online gambling bill – number SB677 – would also lead to the establishment of the Hawaii Internet Lottery and Gaming Corporation. According to Espero, “tens of thousands” of Hawaiians are pouring “tens of millions” of dollars out of the state by taking part in online gambling illegally through unregulated offshore sites.
Legalizing iGaming in the state would help to keep some of that money in Hawaii. Furthermore, in his bill, Espero says that revenue generated from internet poker would be directed to many of the state’s programs like public schools and the University of Hawaii system, among others.
That being said, while the Hawaii online gambling bill would also permit the legalization of a diverse range of online casino games, sports betting via the internet would remain banned.
If the bill should pass, it would also allow Hawaii to partner with other US states for the online games and could help to boost tourism in the state through “land-based gaming entertainment events.”
Hawaii joins several other states who also seek to introduce online poker this years, including California, New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Michigan and Washington State.
The post There May be a Future for Hawaii Online Gambling appeared first on VegasMaster.
- April 5, 2017 32Red Joins Other iGaming Brands Leaving Australia 32Red has joined the growing number of online gambling operators withdrawing from the Australian iGaming market. The British online casino company which offers casino, sports betting, […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 15, 2017 Pennsylvania Online Gambling Bill Dealt a Blow Pennsylvania is one of several American states seeking to legalize online gambling. According to a recently published white paper from industry analyst Robert DellaFave, casinos in the […] Posted in Online Casino News
- May 8, 2017 playMGM: New Online Casino Coming to NJ MGM Resorts International recently announced that it will be partnering with GVC Holdings to launch an online casino and poker games brand in New Jersey. The new iGaming company will go […] Posted in Online Casino News
- January 18, 2017 Atlantic City Finds New Luck with Online Gambling Since 2006, the New Jersey casino industry has suffered a difficult decade in terms of revenue. During this time, one three-year period in particular was extremely rough and resulted in […] Posted in Online Casino News
- April 19, 2017 New Jersey iGaming Enjoys Revenue Boost in March According to a report recently released by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, the New Jersey iGaming sector generated record revenue of $21.7 million during the month of March, […] Posted in Online Casino News
- January 19, 2017 Unique High Roller Casino Launched by Kindred Group Kindred Group - formerly Unibet Group - one of Europe's biggest online gambling operators, has launched a new and one-of-a-kind online casino called Storspiller.com. The new iGaming […] Posted in Online Casino News
- January 25, 2017 SugarHouse Online Casino Partners with Konami SugarHouse Online Casino - PlaySugarHouse.com - has partnered with Konami Gaming Inc. The gambling company, which operates under Golden Nugget Atlantic City`s Internet Gaming permit and […] Posted in Online Casino News
- April 18, 2017 Pragmatic Play Breaks Into the UK Market Pragmatic Play, a leading online casino games developing platform, has recently extended its reach in the iGaming industry by receiving a UK gaming license from the UK Gambling Commission. […] Posted in Online Casino News
- May 15, 2017 NetEnt Breaks into Canadian Gambling Market NetEnt is working on expanding its regulated markets and has recently found success in Canada. The developer and supplier of online gambling content's U.S. subsidiary, NetEnt Americas, has […] Posted in Online Casino News
- February 2, 2017 Leading Companies Gear Up to Take Part in ICE 2017 This year's edition of the ICE Totally Gaming conference is fast approaching and will run from 7th - 9th Februrary, 2017 at the ExCel Cenre in London. It is one of the largest specialized […] Posted in Online Casino News
- February 9, 2017 More Bitcoin Casinos are Popping Up Online Bitcoin casinos and sportsbooks are steadily gaining ground in the online gambling industry as more players show preference for this banking solution over other more standard and […] Posted in Online Casino News
- April 13, 2017 888 Holdings May Leave Gibraltar because of Brexit 888 Holdings PLC, one of the world's most popular operators and platform providers for online gaming, is considering relocating its current headquarters in Gibraltar to an alternative […] Posted in Online Casino News