Online casinos are perfect for you, if you:
1. Don’t like the noise, distractions and glitzy ambience of traditional brick and mortar casinos.
2. Like to play at odd hours, without the inconvenience of having to drive to a casino at those odd hours!
3. Are a novice, and would like to practice your favorite games and get acquainted with their rules and finer aspects thoroughly before going on for professional gambling, or before taking on the additional distractions of a brick and mortar casino.
4. Are a novice, and would like the option of getting free money play, so that you may practice without the risk of losing real money.
The Internet is flooded with hundreds of online casinos, most of them, more or less, similar on the surface. You can select a casino once you are aware of the different types of online casinos and what they offer. Broadly speaking, online casinos can be divided into two broad groups based on their interface:web-based casinos and download-based casinos (there are some online casinos offer more than one interface):
Web-based casinos: Web-based online casinos are websites where users may directly play casino games without loading any software to the local computer. Games are mainly presented through browser plugins of Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Shockwave, or Java and require browser support for the above-mentioned plugins. Also, bandwidth should be adequate as all the graphics, sounds and animations are loaded through the web via the plugin. A very small number of web-based casinos allow games played through a plain HTML interface.
Download-based casinos: Download-based online casinos are the most common of online casino web sites. Anyone using these websites would need to download certain software to play casino games. Once the required software has been installed, it connects to the casino service provider and handles contact without browser support. One advantage of download-based casinos is speed, since there is no need to load graphics from the Internet. The downside is that, there is an initial download time to install the program. There is also the risk of the program containing malware (though this is very uncommon).
There are also additional differences like the gaming environment and quality of interaction that, though minor, do differentiate one casino from another in terms of overall experience.
Being acquainted with the basic differences between different casinos and knowing your options is the first step towards selecting a casino. Once this is done, you can analyze and short-list a suitable online casino on the basis of some important parameters and check points listed below:
1. Is the casino licensed? There are plenty of unlicensed, illegal gambling casinos, which are nothing more than money scam operations.
2. Where is the casino licensed? While online casinos licensed in Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Gibraltar, Kahnawake, Netherlands Antilles, United Kingdom and the West Indies are recommended, online casinos licensed in Eastern Europe should be approached with extreme caution.
3. Does the casino offer 24×7 phone, fax, live chat and email support? It might be a good idea to actually call up on the numbers listed and find out about the payout time, policies, etc.
4. Is the online casino officially recognized by various gaming bodies and authorities? For instance, are the payout percentages of the online casino independently reviewed by auditors such as PricewaterhouseCoopers?
5. Casino software providers such as iGlobalMedia, Microgaming, Playtech, Random Logic, Real Time Gaming and WaterLogic are very popular and each enjoys an excellent reputation in the online gambling industry.
Once you have successfully judged an online casino on all the above points, you can be more than reasonable sure of a good, interesting, positive gaming experience. Though these guidelines may not provide a 100 percent security, they do make a very good checklist when choosing an dollaronline casino to play at.