The NBA season is a lot like the Major League Baseball season in the fact that it is long, and the early part of the year does not necessarily give a true indication of the teams that will be there at the end.
This NBA season appears to be no different than the rest in that regard. Some of the teams that were projected to compete for a title have started slowly, while others expected to be near the bottom have surprised. The developments have left gamblers in somewhat of a panic mode.
Before each season, bettors take to the Las Vegas sports books and try their luck on predicting who will win the NBA title. Gamblers also place bets on season win totals for individual teams, and various other proposition bets available to them. The result is an increased interest in the first two weeks of the season, as every game counts for these prop bets.
Memphis and Denver are two teams that experts believe will contend out West. The Grizzlies are off to a 3-4 start, and the Nuggets have given up over 100 points a game during their 2-4 start. Golden State, picked by many to win the West, is also hovering around the .500 mark at 4-3.
Two teams that have not disappointed out West are the Oklahoma City Thunder and San Antonio Spurs. The two teams have combined for a 12-2 record, and again appear to be the class of the conference.
In the East, several teams have shocked odds makers early on. The Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics are both projected to finish near the bottom of the standings, but have given their fans something to get excited about. Boston and Philadelphia are both 4-4, and currently sit tied for the third spot in the conference. Indiana is at the top, with the only perfect record in the league at 8-0. and the two-time defending champion Miami Heat is second at 5-3.
November 13, 2013
Posted By Vincent Tapoglia III
Staff Editor, CasinoGamblingWeb.com
View the original article here
- January 29, 2014 Early NBA Surprises Have Sports Bettors In A Panic The NBA season is a lot like the Major League Baseball season in the fact that it is long, and the early part of the year does not necessarily give a true indication of the teams that will […] Posted in Online Casino News
- January 31, 2017 Usual Suspects On Top In Early MLB Betting
Gamblers are sticking with what they know early in the Major League Baseball season, and the teams with the lowest odds coming in are rewarding the bettors.
Posted in Online Casino News
- July 22, 2013 In online casinos make money through sports betting. Better chance betting bonus triumphal home office expenses increased day and night sbobet Betting on sporting events and a variety of sports to bet on the idea of online […] Posted in Online Casino News
- August 9, 2011 Online sports betting It will be simple for you to play online games because you just require having internet connection when you desire to play it. Nowadays, many people are very interested with online betting […] Posted in Online Casino News
- July 19, 2013 Why Bettors Really Like this Horse Racing Betting Game Posted By : Kelly Normandy Winning lots of money in the game of horse racing is very significantly achievable. Some people have experienced lots of loses within this sport because of poor preparing that lead to poor […] Posted in Online Casino News
- May 7, 2018 NBA Doesn’t See Sports Gambling Trouble in Casino Ownership Another NBA owner is set to also own a casino, something awfully common for a league supposedly scared of the corrupting power of gambling and sports betting. Posted in Online Casino News
- November 26, 2009 NBA Sports Betting Troubles Resurface as Scout Caught Gambling Despite league efforts to shove the problem out of public sight, a new sports betting scandal arose with the banning of a former Sacramento Kings employee. Posted in Online Casino News
- January 2, 2010 Online Casinos Pay Far Better Than Land on Sports Futures Better odds and a wider variety of bets offered are reasons sports betting fans are leaving Las Vegas books for online casinos. Posted in Online Casino News
- December 11, 2009 David Stern Says NBA May Support Legal Sports Betting NBA Commissioner David Stern said in an interview that legal sports betting would not increase danger to game results and could open new revenue streams. Posted in Online Casino News
- February 27, 2017 5 Predictions For Understanding Italian Football In 2017 The end to 2016/17 Serie A season is expected to be an enthralling one with the three top sides strongly competing for the Scudetto. The 5 predictions for Italian Football in 2017 are: […] Posted in Online Casino News
- January 9, 2017 Bettors Not Seeing Much Fluctuation In Super Bowl Line Bettors have grown accustomed to quickly changing betting lines during the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl, but this year, the line between the Patriots and Giants has remained stagnant. Posted in Online Casino News
- April 16, 2018 Delaware Working on Instituting NFL Parlay Sports Betting With NFL parlay betting the only sports betting available to it, Delaware is rushing to be ready to implement the system by Thursday's NFL season start. Posted in Online Casino News