OpenBet, the well-known sportsbook and online casino software developer, has reached an agreement with the Province of Manitoba to cooperate in launching online gaming. The target date for these services to be implemented is 2013.
This partnership will give the Province of Manitoba, in association with BCLC, the capability and flexibility of offering not only sports gaming and retail lottery ticket sales, but online casino games, poker and bingo. It is a very significant deal.
According to the CEO of OpenBet, David Loveday, says that “we are confident that OpenBet has the expertise and experience to deliver the underlying technical infrastructure and support for gaming operators in new jurisdictions as they open.”
OpenBet is no stranger to doing business in Canada. In fact, the company is well-established as a leader, providing software for such notable entities as Loto Quebec, Atlantic Lottery Corporation and BCLC. They’ve met all standards for safety and security, and so there are no worries in that area.
What is significant about OpenBet’s software from the standpoint of user-friendliness is that not only can it accommodate many languages, it also allows for customers to participate in all the “products” being offered with one account and one log-in. They can also play via their mobile device. This “one-wallet” solution offers convenience not only for the player, but for the operator as well, as it offers a single view of player activity.
Michael Graydon, CEO of BCLC, had high praise for OpenBet’s capabilities. “Their strong track record in Canada and reputation for delivering makes them the ideal partner,” he said.
News from Play United
- May 30, 2010 Canadian Province Ends Gambling Subsidies for Arts and Culture Representatives of the British Columbia government told organizers of artistic and cultural events they would no longer be eligible for grants funded by the casino and gambling revenue the […] Posted in Online Casino News
- May 20, 2010 Microgaming Internet Casino Games May Come to Canadian Lotteries A new marketing agreement between Microgaming and Betware could result in Canadian residents receiving easy and regulated access to Microgaming's slate of online casino games. Posted in Online Casino News
- August 13, 2012 Canadian Province Chooses OpenBet Casino Software 2012-08-13OpenBet, the well-known sportsbook and online casino software developer, has reached an agreement with the Province of Manitoba to cooperate in launching online gaming. […] Posted in Online Casino News
- October 20, 2016 Canadian casino gambler leaves $7,000 fortune in taxi Melodie Ross has felt huge relief after enjoying a rewarding night at the McPhillips Station Casino. The Canadian gambling enthusiast could have kicked herself as she left her winnings in a taxi. Posted in Online Casino News
- May 17, 2010 Canadian Online Gambling Network Going Nationwide Canada's provincial lotteries are joining together to create a national online gambling site, offering Internet casino players a safe and regulated series of sites. Posted in Online Casino News
- November 15, 2009 Lack of State Grab Leaves Canadian Gambling Jackpots Bigger Gambling and lottery winnings in Canada are in practice larger than equal rewards in the US, as Canada recognizes that a tax on profits means money won has already been taxed once. Posted in Online Casino News
- February 23, 2010 Ontario Official Says Province Should Join Online Casino Wave The new head of the Ontario lottery wants to consider online casino games to protect and increase revenue. Posted in Online Casino News
- January 30, 2017 Hotel Management Software Development Company in India IMS a leading hotel management software development company offers services for developing hotel reservation software, point of sale (pos) software development. Posted in Online Casino News
- January 30, 2017 Blackjack Sniper Software – Advanced Strategy Slaps The Casinos Silly Online Blackjack is a beatable game. There is no doubt about it. You just need a tool the combines perfect blackjack strategy and a few other gadgets that will take your game to the top level. Posted in Online Casino News
- October 5, 2016 Canadian lotto millionaires keeping their jackpot a secret Daniel and Kelly Schulli have won a stunning $9.7 million in the Canadian lotto, but only one of their four children knows about it. The fortunate lotto players have already claimed their […] Posted in Online Casino News
- August 26, 2009 Rival Software – A Review Released in 2006 by a Cyprus based software company called Black Chip Ltd, Rival came on the scene at a perfect time. As Microgaming software were pulling out of the USA market, this new […] Posted in Online Casino News
- January 30, 2017 Banking Management Software Development Company IMS - Banking software developers integrate high-level accounting software solutions for banking industry offers them the latest mode to serve banking operations. Posted in Online Casino News