I wrote up a few more good articles about dice control these past few days and will be posting about them shortly. One article is about choosing the best dice set. This is actually an important concept of precision shooting because choosing the right set can make a huge difference in how your dice land after they have been thrown.
Basically, the dice set is how you set the dice in your hands before throwing them. For example, you can have hard way numbers such as 4, 6, 8, and 10 on each face of the dice combination. When you set them in your hand, both of them should be snug together so that it resembles a single rectangular piece consisting of both dice. So the top surface and have both 4’s showing (hard way 8). The ends of the dice, where the axis intersects and the shape is a square, the numbers 1 and 6 should be there. Using this dice set is perfect for practicing on your precision when you are first starting out so you can see how the dice are reacting. You never want to see a 1 or 6 show up or else you really need to practice more.
The above concept is known as correlation, or having some control of how then numbers appear. Both dice should be dependent on each other, otherwise if they were independent, it would be a completely random throw in which you have no effective control of the outcome. One of the most important concepts of precision shooting is to get the dice to at least get them to land on axis. It is even better if you can get them to “stop” on axis after hitting the wall, but this is more advanced.
Check out the article to learn about the rest of the concepts such as the seven to roll ratio (SRR) and double pitch, which are excellent indicators of how well you are learning dice control and what you need to be improving on. I added a picture of a typical dice set so you can see how you should be putting them together before a throw.
- March 16, 2010 Tips for craps dice control and precision shooter advantages The next article related to player advantages is about dice control tips. The main concepts given here should help out precision dice throwers and better control of the dice while playing […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 19, 2010 Using stance and standing positions with precision dice shooting The next article I wrote about dice control has to do with posture, stance and standing positions. This is sort of important but not the entire story. Basically the whole idea is to make […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 15, 2010 A good practice guide for learning dice control methods One of the next articles I wrote about was how to practice dice control. Many of the concepts in the article were designed for players who have never attempted precision shooting. The […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 21, 2010 Precision shooting strategy and craps money management My latest guide for precision shooting is about dice control strategy and bet management. Using good money management works well in any type of casino game, but it is especially important […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 17, 2010 Is it possible to play craps for a living? Playing craps or any casino game for that matter is a dream for many. It is better, more fun and more luxurious than working at an office or doing a desk job in a cubicle. Many people […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 12, 2010 Won over $500 playing craps at the casino! I hit up the casino again last night and one big at craps. Basically I did my normal don’t pass line bet with don’t pass odds for awhile winning even odds but then I decided to […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 14, 2010 High Stakes Craps for High Rollers and VIP Players I realize that there are a number of players out there looking for an adrenaline rush from some high stakes gambling. Of course Las Vegas has some ultra high limit craps tables as well as […] Posted in Online Casino News
- March 29, 2017 Casino Entertains Hoover Dam Workers 1931 Twenty-six miles southeast of Las Vegas, the United States government, in 1931, developed Boulder City as the place to house men working on the Hoover Dam (originally Boulder Dam). […] Posted in Online Casino News
- June 28, 2017 Blaming It On The Dice 1946-1947 On the third Tuesday of April 1946, after work at the Southern Pacific Shop in Sparks, Nevada, Sam Lemel took the bus to Reno and went to Harolds Club where he played craps. He […] Posted in Online Casino News
- July 1, 2011 Beginner tips for playing craps Craps is one of the most dynamic and alert casino game. The craps table is always full of action and there are always some players feeling lucky enough to place all kinds of bets […] Posted in Online Casino News
- April 4, 2014 Craps and The Monkey Man By Ray Walkoczy The year was 1985. I had been going on weekly gambling trips to Atlantic City, for about 3 years, usually for about 2 or 3 nights each week. I was getting pretty […] Posted in Online Casino News
- January 29, 2014 “Place Betting….The Other Way to Play Craps” By Ray Walkoczy Among all the many different ways to play Craps, "place betting" is undoubtedly the most popular. The Place Bettor is wagering that the numbers "placed" will be […] Posted in Online Casino News